Body In Motion offers classically based authentic Pilates. Our instructors use beautifully crafted wood and steal framed, leather strapped apparatus that hold-up to Mr. Pilates original designs and standards. Our studio includes Reformers, Towers, Chairs, Barrels, Mats, and small props including the Magic Circle. We offer private instruction, small group equipment classes, and Pilates Mat classes tailored to all levels and abilities.
- Pilates Mat Classes: Joseph Pilates method was originally designed on the Mat. This is the heart and soul of the method. All you need is a cushioned mat and your body to begin your total body conditioning! Sometimes we add small props like the Magic Circle to challenge or help with this repertoire.
- Tower Group Class: The Tower or Wall Unit is a vertical bar system with springs that are attached at one end of a cushioned mat. Adding the Tower apparatus to your Mat work will bring new challenges or needed assistance to help you strengthen and lengthen!
- Group Equipment Classes: Mr. Pilates later developed various apparatus to help people “get the method in their bodies”. The apparatus include but are not limited to the Reformer, Tower, Chairs, Barrels, and magic circle. Our group equipment classes use a variety of apparatus during each session. These groups are limited to 5 people with one instructor. You will still receive the personalized attention in this small group dynamic but will be challenged by more independence and responsibility.
- Intermediate/Advanced: As your practice progresses so do the exercises. At the intermediate and advanced levels the pace will increase. The emphasis is on transitioning from exercise to exercise with a continuous precision of flowing movements. For this level you will need a strong understanding of the Pilates method! Not sure you are ready for the next level? Ask your instructor!
- Private: This is where the journey begins for everyone! Working one-on-one with a qualified experienced instructor you will be taught the Pilates method of ‘Contrology’. You will work on the Reformer, Tower, Chair, Barrels, and Mat.
- Duet: This is almost like having a Private, but you share the instructor with one other. This is a great way to begin moving towards small group classes.
- Trio: You and 2 others with one instructor. More people adds energy and challenge to your Pilates experience.
**If you feel that duet and/or trio sessions may be best for you, please contact the studio for detailed pricing and package offerings.